Sunday, June 26, 2011

Squeeze Bottle

I love to cook, so I watch America's Test Kitchen on television, even though I cannot make most of the recipes.  One day, I saw the chef using a clear plastic bottle with a nozzle, sort of like the ketchup bottles at diners.  The America's Teat Kitchen crew were using the bottle for vegetable oil.  I get my canola oil at Costco in large bottles, so making a mess once to fill the squeeze bottle is definitely better than making a mess every time I want to use oil.  I got two clear plastic squeeze bottles at Bed Bath & Beyond.  I have not decided what to put in the second bottle, but I suppose it could be anything.  Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. This actually sounds like a great idea even if you're working with two good hands! Maybe vinegar (balsamic, red wine, etc) in the other bottle. Even though they come with special tops to restrict the flow, it would still be easier to have it in a squeeze bottle and not have to take the screw top off the bottle every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one for Veg. oil and one for olive oil. I actually use old bottles from soy sauce, they are so easy to use, don't have to have the strength to squeeze or anything and yet, it doesn't come dumping out like crazy. My hubby keeps them refilled for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cream for coffee? Anything that gives you the business when you pour it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Single Handed Life. A few rules:

(1) Be kind. Do no harm. This includes being critical of people, products, manufacturers and anything else that someone else may be getting benefit from.
(2) You can be anonymous, but just remember rule number (1).
(3) If you know good websites, please link them to your blog comments.
(4) If you know any good products, please tell us why they help and how to purchase them.
(5) If you know any good techniques, please tell us what your disability is, why this technique works for you, and outline the technique step by step.
Thank you for your input!