Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cart in the Kitchen

I think I said before that I love to cook and I am trying to figure out ways that are useful with one hand.

I wanted a small rolling cart for the kitchen, but found them to be very expensive.  Voila!  I already had one in the linen closet!  So the towels were unloaded into the already messy linen closet (that's for another time) and the cart was moved to the kitchen.

Now, I use my wheelchair and wheel around the kitchen, loading the cart with all the items the recipe calls for.  It is really nice having everything in one place.  I visit the pantry, refrigerator, cupboards, and drawers to get everything I need before I start..ingredients, utensils, bowls, and bake ware.

If I had a stainless steel rack, I could even put hot things from the oven on it.  But, alas, I have a cart with plastic coated wires which will not work for hot pans.  The cart does have multiple shelves, though, which is very handy when making something with bulky ingredients that take up lots of room on the cart.

I love using the cart !  It saves me a lot of extra work. 

What do YOU use a cart for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Single Handed Life. A few rules:

(1) Be kind. Do no harm. This includes being critical of people, products, manufacturers and anything else that someone else may be getting benefit from.
(2) You can be anonymous, but just remember rule number (1).
(3) If you know good websites, please link them to your blog comments.
(4) If you know any good products, please tell us why they help and how to purchase them.
(5) If you know any good techniques, please tell us what your disability is, why this technique works for you, and outline the technique step by step.
Thank you for your input!